QCOSTARICA. According to the prestigious travel magazine Time Out, tropical weather, endless coastlines, extraordinary wildlife encounters and epic adventures are one of the reasons Americans are heading to Costa Rica right now.
“Why is everyone going to Costa Rica now?” is the title of an article detailing why Costa Rica’s land has become “the perfect antidote to pandemic-induced boredom.”
“With its rich biodiversity, extensive protected areas, and emphasis on education as a tool for damage prevention, it is not only a pioneer of ecotourism, but also an industry leader,” the article notes.
The magazine lists five reasons why Costa Rica has become the perfect antidote to pandemic anxiety:
- The country’s contribution to the environment (It does its thing for the planet)
- Adventure destinations (We are looking for adventure)
- Community hospitality (You can get stuck with the locals)
- Opportunity to go on a long journey (This is made for longer and slower trips)
- Remote work options (Remote work is the new normal)
Costa Rica continues to be one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
Statistics show that inbound tourism in Costa Rica showed a 33% recovery in 2021 after the impact of COVID-19 in 2020, when just over one million tourists were recorded.